Little bugs in the database 2

This is the place to request ZXDB corrections (add missing data or fix incorrect information)

Moderators: druellan, pavero

pavero
Dynamite Dan

Re: Little bugs in the database 2

Post by pavero »

StooB wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:35 am
Einar Saukas wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:49 pm However nobody realized that Kixx actually released 2 different inlays, until you pointed it out. Now I'm moving this one back in...

How did you manage to find out a bug like this???
I didn't know there were 2 Kixx inlays either, someone just happened to mention its existence in one of the Facebook collectors groups so I checked if they were both here.

Einar Saukas wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:49 pm This file was moved out of the downloads list per @pavero's request, because the Kixx inlay was replaced by a hi-res version.
I will pay more attention to pavero's inlay updates!
I always check all inlays which are suitable for archivation. If I find a different version of inlay (without hi-res replacement) I remove the link from archive.txt file.

KIXX publisher was processed as the first one. And this type of control wasn't probably applied yet.

Nevertheless a double check is always welcome.
Frankie
Manic Miner

Post by Frankie »

Not a bug, but an addition.

Here is the inlay for Danish release "Lægge Til Trække Fra" from ZX Data. This is a Danish translated re-release of a Widgit Software title, being this one:

https://spectrumcomputing.co.uk/index.p ... 96&id=9032

Meaning, its the same programs, but translated into Danish.

Haven't done the tape, as the have been around for a while on Facebook done by Guy Black, so you guys probably got it already. If not, let me know, and I'll pass on the TZX file :)

✓ Reviewed
StooB
Dynamite Dan

Post by StooB »

Star Runner

Authors should be in the team "Special FX" according to the title screen.

✓ Reviewed
pavero
Dynamite Dan

Post by pavero »

Frankie wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:44 am
Haven't done the tape, as the have been around for a while on Facebook done by Guy Black, so you guys probably got it already. If not, let me know, and I'll pass on the TZX file :)
Can you please share the TZX file here, I didnt find it on FB.
Alessandro
Dynamite Dan

Post by Alessandro »

1. The entry for Superstar Seymour displays the cassette inlay for Super All Stars.
2. The entry for Seto Taisho To Kazan displays a second running screen which is the loading screen for the demo version in fact.
✓ Reviewed
Einar Saukas
Bugaboo

Post by Einar Saukas »

Alessandro wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 2:44 pm 2. The entry for Seto Taisho To Kazan displays a second running screen which is the loading screen for the demo version in fact.
Also it says that Seto Taisho To Kazan itself was sold for £14.00, but I assume this information is wrong. This is the price of the Monument compilation that included this game, not the price of the standalone game. Correct?

✓ Reviewed
Alessandro
Dynamite Dan

Post by Alessandro »

Correct! Kazan was only released commercially as a part of that compilation in fact.

✓ Reviewed
pavero
Dynamite Dan

Post by pavero »

Alessandro wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 2:44 pm 1. The entry for Superstar Seymour displays the cassette inlay for Super All Stars.
And the entry for Super All Stars displays the cassette inlay for Superstar Seymour.

Fixed now! :-)

✓ Reviewed
StooB
Dynamite Dan

Post by StooB »

Wizard Willy

alternate title for the EDOS release is Spellfire The Sorcerer, see inlay: http://www.atarimania.com/st/boxes/hi_r ... dos_d7.jpg

✓ Reviewed
StooB
Dynamite Dan

Post by StooB »

Double Dragon II

this should have a comment saying there is a separate 128k version available. There are already tzx's of the 48k and 128k versions.

The 128k version has this tape:
and the other one has this:

The 128K box front from WoS has been replaced with a new scan of the 48k version. Although the only difference is the yellow sticker - even the barcodes are the same - it should probably be restored.

✓ Reviewed
StooB
Dynamite Dan

Post by StooB »

The CD Games Pack

should have 30 games on it but it's got 66 including BMX Simulator 2 four times.

✓ Reviewed
Einar Saukas
Bugaboo

Post by Einar Saukas »

StooB wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 10:58 am The CD Games Pack

should have 30 games on it but it's got 66 including BMX Simulator 2 four times.
According to this link: "The pack consists of a Audio CD with about 30 spectrum games (each one recorded twice)"

What's wrong exactly?
StooB
Dynamite Dan

Post by StooB »

Einar Saukas wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 3:43 pm
StooB wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 10:58 am The CD Games Pack

According to this link: "The pack consists of a Audio CD with about 30 spectrum games (each one recorded twice)"

What's wrong exactly?
Look at BMX Simulator 2 - it appears on "The CD Games Pack" published by "Code Masters Ltd" and "Code Masters Ltd" and "Code Masters Ltd" and "Code Masters Ltd".

Besides that, is it necessary to list the games more than once? Most tapes are recorded on both sides but they don't get listed.

✓ Reviewed
Einar Saukas
Bugaboo

Post by Einar Saukas »

StooB wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 3:54 pm Look at BMX Simulator 2 - it appears on "The CD Games Pack" published by "Code Masters Ltd" and "Code Masters Ltd" and "Code Masters Ltd" and "Code Masters Ltd".
It's a bug at the SC site. I just notified them, thanks for pointing it out!

EDIT: It's fixed already.

StooB wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 3:54 pm Besides that, is it necessary to list the games more than once?
No, it's not necessary. Each site can choose the way they prefer to list this information.

If a site prefers to list all programs in the exact order they were recorded in a certain compilation:

Code: Select all

SELECT * FROM compilations g
LEFT JOIN entries e ON g.entry_id = e.id
LEFT JOIN releases r on e.id = r.entry_id and r.release_seq = 0
WHERE g.compilation_id =  ?
ORDER BY g.tape_seq, g.tape_side, g.prog_seq;
And if a site prefers to list each game only once in a certain compilation:

Code: Select all

SELECT * FROM compilations g
INNER JOIN entries e ON g.entry_id = e.id
INNER JOIN releases r on e.id = r.entry_id and r.release_seq = 0
WHERE g.compilation_id =  ?
GROUP BY e.id
ORDER BY e.library_title;
StooB wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 3:54 pm Most tapes are recorded on both sides but they don't get listed.
True. It only makes sense to bother storing information about program order in compilations.

A single program recorded multiple times is not considered a compilation.
StooB
Dynamite Dan

Post by StooB »

Einar Saukas wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 6:02 pm True. It only makes sense to bother storing information about program order in compilations.
There are some compilations, such as The In Crowd and We Are The Champions which have the 48k and 128k versions of some games on them. Currently these aren't listed, but should they be?
Einar Saukas
Bugaboo

Post by Einar Saukas »

StooB wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 7:03 pm
Einar Saukas wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 6:02 pm True. It only makes sense to bother storing information about program order in compilations.
There are some compilations, such as The In Crowd and We Are The Champions which have the 48k and 128k versions of some games on them. Currently these aren't listed, but should they be?
Yes, please!
pavero
Dynamite Dan

Post by pavero »

StooB wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 10:32 am The 128K box front from WoS has been replaced with a new scan of the 48k version. Although the only difference is the yellow sticker - even the barcodes are the same - it should probably be restored.
That's the question. I aplied one basic rule. If I find any difference beetween 48K and 128K version of inlay I always try to preserve both of them.

E.g.
https://spectrumcomputing.co.uk/zxdb/si ... r(48K).jpg
https://spectrumcomputing.co.uk/zxdb/si ... (128K).jpg

But the difference in the sticker only? Should we preserve one version without any sticker, one version with 48K sticker, one version with 128K sticker, one version with +3 sticker? I am not sure about it.

Yes, if we would preserve files with tape images themself, it would make sence - to have both of them.
8BitAG
Dynamite Dan

Post by 8BitAG »

pavero wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 10:17 pm But the difference in the sticker only? Should we preserve one version without any sticker, one version with 48K sticker, one version with 128K sticker, one version with +3 sticker? I am not sure about it.
Yes, you should. You can never tell if that information will be useful to someone in the future. I don't think it's a good idea to remove information like that. Five years from now somebody might be asking, "Did the 128K version have a different inlay?" And there will be no record in the database to answer that question. (Not everything necessarily needs to be stored at the same high resolution, though.)
8-bit Text Adventure Gamer - games - research.
StooB
Dynamite Dan

Post by StooB »

Hollywood Featuring Batman & The Untouchables

should have the comment "Not really a compilation in the usual sense, but a bundling of 2 cassettes in a nice box" and should have machine type "ZX-Spectrum 48K/128K". The contents should be Tape 1 and Tape 2 rather than A-1 and A-2.

There's quite a lot of "Not really a compilation in the usual sense, but a bundling of X cassettes in a nice box" comments in the database. Perhaps it might be better to have a new genre of "Box Set" rather than "Compilation", as you would with music albums?

✓ Reviewed
pavero
Dynamite Dan

Post by pavero »

8BitAG wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 6:37 am
pavero wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 10:17 pm But the difference in the sticker only? Should we preserve one version without any sticker, one version with 48K sticker, one version with 128K sticker, one version with +3 sticker? I am not sure about it.
Yes, you should. You can never tell if that information will be useful to someone in the future. I don't think it's a good idea to remove information like that. Five years from now somebody might be asking, "Did the 128K version have a different inlay?" And there will be no record in the database to answer that question. (Not everything necessarily needs to be stored at the same high resolution, though.)
IMHO a short message '48k and 128k version are identical' or something like this should be enough. We can add any comment for every uploaded file!
Einar Saukas
Bugaboo

Post by Einar Saukas »

StooB wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 9:46 am Hollywood Featuring Batman & The Untouchables

should have the comment "Not really a compilation in the usual sense, but a bundling of 2 cassettes in a nice box" and should have machine type "ZX-Spectrum 48K/128K". The contents should be Tape 1 and Tape 2 rather than A-1 and A-2.
Done, thanks!

StooB wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 9:46 am There's quite a lot of "Not really a compilation in the usual sense, but a bundling of X cassettes in a nice box" comments in the database. Perhaps it might be better to have a new genre of "Box Set" rather than "Compilation", as you would with music albums?
Good idea! I'm working on it. :)

✓ Reviewed
Frankie
Manic Miner

Post by Frankie »

pavero wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 1:04 pm
Frankie wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:44 am
Can you please share the TZX file here, I didnt find it on FB.
Here is the file :-)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0j92uke2ni125 ... 9.zip?dl=0
Stefan
Manic Miner

Post by Stefan »

Milan Matousek should be Milan Matoušek.

✓ Reviewed
Stefan
Manic Miner

Post by Stefan »

Frantisek Fuka should be František Fuka.

✓ Reviewed
Stefan
Manic Miner

Post by Stefan »

Jaroslaw Byrczynski should be Jarosław Burczyński (beware the ł and the ń).
✓ Reviewed