Super Bomberman 2 Remix

People are still making stuff for the Sinclair related machines. Tell us about new games and other software that runs on the Spectrum, ZX80/ZX81, Pentagon and Next.
Andre Leao
Bugaboo

Super Bomberman 2 Remix

Post by Andre Leao »

Released...

https://planetasinclair.blogspot.com/20 ... remix.html

PROCESSED
. New ID created, screens added. DH 04/03/23
just80sstuff
Drutt

Re: Super Bomberman 2 Remix

Post by just80sstuff »

Just tried to buy this but for some reason the checkout woudn't allow payments????
Used and got an account with ZXOnline and yes, the card works everywhere else.

Anyone else had this problem today? (4/3/22)
toot_toot
Manic Miner

Post by toot_toot »

This looks pretty good… BUT.. they should have called it “Super Eric and The Floaters” in order to keep it in the Spectrum Bomberman/Eric and the Floaters canon!
JasonUK
Drutt

Post by JasonUK »

just80sstuff wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 4:24 pm Just tried to buy this but for some reason the checkout woudn't allow payments????
Used and got an account with ZXOnline and yes, the card works everywhere else.

Anyone else had this problem today? (4/3/22)
Same problem ~ cant pay ~ I've had a ZX Online account for years and usually paid by Paypal (last order Dec22) but now that's not an option. Tried cloudpayment option which allows supposedly Google Pay to be used but that fails. Haven't tried the complicated, multi-stage second option and not inclined to to be honest. Shame.
pavero
Dynamite Dan

Post by pavero »

I am afraid ZXOnline is Russian site, that's why those problems with Paypal, etc.
Hernan
Drutt

Post by Hernan »

Same thing happened to me. Wanted to pay using PayPal but the optiion is gone, and the other payment options are not working.
Lee Bee
Dynamite Dan

Post by Lee Bee »

Absolutely wonderful! :-)

I love Bomberman and spent many years playing the classic SNES version. The Spectrum has never really had a perfect version of the game before. The best three were Flynn's Adventure in Bombland, Bomb Munchies, and the original Super Bomber Man 2 from 2001. They were all good, but had a home-brew feel to them.

This new game nails it - easily the best! So fast and slick! Well done to everyone involved! My only small negative is I wish the flames weren't black and white, but it's a small detail!

More info and demo version here. Short video here.
Chris23235
Microbot

Post by Chris23235 »

The authors now also released the game on itch.io:

https://zxevolution.itch.io/bomberman-2-remix
StanVanman
Manic Miner

Post by StanVanman »

This is really slick, but it's a shame it's so easy. Once you've got the shield powerup you have to be pretty reckless to get killed, and with no scoring either there's not much replay value.
Chris23235
Microbot

Post by Chris23235 »

StanVanman wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 6:18 pm This is really slick, but it's a shame it's so easy. Once you've got the shield powerup you have to be pretty reckless to get killed, and with no scoring either there's not much replay value.
Try the game on hard, here the shield powerup lasts only one round, making the game much harder.
StanVanman
Manic Miner

Post by StanVanman »

"Try the game on hard, here the shield powerup lasts only one round, making the game much harder."

It won't go on Hard, it says I need Turbo 7Hz which AFAIK is a Next feature.
Chris23235
Microbot

Post by Chris23235 »

StanVanman wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 12:09 am "Try the game on hard, here the shield powerup lasts only one round, making the game much harder."

It won't go on Hard, it says I need Turbo 7Hz which AFAIK is a Next feature.
Not strictly a Next feature as it works on any Spectrum Clone with 7 MHz (Omni, Pentagon, eLeMeNt, sizif-512, etc.), but yes on a stock Spectrum hard is not available. That's a shame.