Random Search

Broken link? Feature request? Anything related to the Spectrum Computing website here.
ParadigmShifter
Dynamite Dan

Random Search

Post by ParadigmShifter »

It needs a "surprise me" button as well if you picking a completely random game for the guess the screenshots thread or something. Currently you have to type at least 3 letters to allow it to search titles.
PeterJ
Site Admin

Re: Archive idea: same-page links to each section

Post by PeterJ »

ParadigmShifter wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 12:36 am Currently you have to type at least 3 letters to allow it to search titles.
I've moved this to a new thread so it doesn't dilute @equinox's query.

Agreed about random search. It's currently broken, and we don't have anyone who can fix it (any volunteers?). Just to let you know that if you pick from parameters such as 'Genre' then you don't have to type in the three characters into the title. I often have a scroll through Spectrum games of a certain genre for a specific year. Another hint is to click the 'running screen only' button. This stops never released titles appearing.
AndyC
Dynamite Dan

Post by AndyC »

PeterJ wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 9:31 am Agreed about random search. It's currently broken, and we don't have anyone who can fix it (any volunteers?).
What's it written in?
PeterJ
Site Admin

Post by PeterJ »

AndyC wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 10:06 am What's it written in?
It's all in PHP.
Einar Saukas
Bugaboo

Re: Random Search

Post by Einar Saukas »

OK, random search is now fixed!

From the homepage, select "Search type: Random Search", also select "Genre: All Games" (or whatever genre you want), choose any other filter options (or don't), then click "Search ZXDB".