Savage Princess

People are still making stuff for the Sinclair related machines. Tell us about new games and other software that runs on the Spectrum, ZX80/ZX81, Pentagon and Next.
pavero
Dynamite Dan

Savage Princess

Post by pavero »

stupidget
Dynamite Dan

Re: Savage Princess

Post by stupidget »

This looks like an incredibly well presented and polished game, hopefully it'll play as such.
R-Tape
Site Admin

Post by R-Tape »

Brilliant. It looks great, and I'm impressed that Kevin's been plugging away at this for so long. I occasionally check his twitter feed and I've seen loads of development updates, and some total rebuilds.

If anyone spots when the launch night is on twitch could they shout out?
iadvd
Dizzy

Post by iadvd »

Amazing... the use of shadows for the background and the monsters is inspiring... :o
Furillo Productions' games can be downloaded here:
https://furilloproductions.itch.io/
Keezees
Drutt

Post by Keezees »

Just popped on to say that's Savage Princess been released on cassette! Been a long journey, hopefully people enjoy it :)
https://imgur.com/a/juomtSE
Author of The Wicker Woman, In The Walls Of Eryx and Savage Princess 1 & 2, currently working on a port of Jump King.
Alessandro
Dynamite Dan

Post by Alessandro »

Will the game be available as a digital download as well?
R-Tape
Site Admin

Post by R-Tape »

Keezees wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 9:18 pm Just popped on to say that's Savage Princess been released on cassette! Been a long journey, hopefully people enjoy it :)
I saw the bitmap email just before this. Bloody well done. I'm impressed you managed to sustain motivation to work on one project for so long. Looking forward to this.
Keezees
Drutt

Post by Keezees »

Alessandro wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 9:42 pm Will the game be available as a digital download as well?
Trying to figure that part out, the game was initially going to be a free digital download until Bitmapsoft contacted me asking if I fancied selling it. Would be good to send a link to a digital download with every purchase at least, but at the moment there isn't one.
Author of The Wicker Woman, In The Walls Of Eryx and Savage Princess 1 & 2, currently working on a port of Jump King.
Keezees
Drutt

Post by Keezees »

R-Tape wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 11:07 pm
Keezees wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 9:18 pm Just popped on to say that's Savage Princess been released on cassette! Been a long journey, hopefully people enjoy it :)
I saw the bitmap email just before this. Bloody well done. I'm impressed you managed to sustain motivation to work on one project for so long. Looking forward to this.
Cheers, been a bit of a struggle at times, lost count of how many rebuilds I had to do, then all the hassle at the last hurdle...I'm lookig forward to reading reviews and I'm already working on the sequel, which will be even better.
Joefish
Rick Dangerous

Post by Joefish »

Keezees wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 1:31 pm Trying to figure that part out, the game was initially going to be a free digital download until Bitmapsoft contacted me asking if I fancied selling it. Would be good to send a link to a digital download with every purchase at least, but at the moment there isn't one.
Honestly, I don't think the availability of a free download is going to have much impact on tapes being sold. Some people just want real tape versions, even if they've already played the game. I thought it would be a nice touch to have a slightly remixed version of my game for its tape release, but it doesn't look like anyone's actually noticed!
R-Tape
Site Admin

Post by R-Tape »

What's the crack with this? I received an 'order processed' email on the 19th November, and an 'order complete' on the 19th December, but I haven't received anything yet. I emailed Bitmapsoft and haven't heard back yet (it was only on Saturday).
R-Tape
Site Admin

Post by R-Tape »

R-Tape wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 4:24 pm What's the crack with this? I received an 'order processed' email on the 19th November, and an 'order complete' on the 19th December, but I haven't received anything yet. I emailed Bitmapsoft and haven't heard back yet (it was only on Saturday).
[mention]Bitmapsoft[/mention] [mention]Keezees[/mention]

Can I check when the tapes are being sent out for this pleez? :)
pavero
Dynamite Dan

Post by pavero »

I must confirm that communication with Bitmap Soft is really bad. I sent several emails and never got any answer. But tapes always arrived.
cmal
Manic Miner

Post by cmal »

I'll keep an eye on this post. I'd also like to purchase a copy...
redballoon
Manic Miner

Post by redballoon »

[mention]R-Tape[/mention] You might be better off trying them on Twitter.

Bitmapsoft
Keezees
R-Tape
Site Admin

Post by R-Tape »

redballoon wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 10:04 pm @R-Tape You might be better off trying them on Twitter.

Bitmapsoft
Keezees
Just tried with my very old twitter account, but it said they can't be messaged. Or maybe I need to be following them.

Going by Andre's review:
Who do you want, you can here get the physical version, in return, plus the tape has also entitled to the digital version of the game.
So we should have received a TAP file at least by now, and it would be nice to have some idea when we'll get the cassette we spent ten spond on.
redballoon
Manic Miner

Post by redballoon »

Yip, you’ll need to be following each other to DM.
R-Tape
Site Admin

Post by R-Tape »

Received! It looks ace.

I sent it to my workplace and it got buried in the internal mail over the xmas shutdown. I also learned that you can download it from their website if you've bought a copy.

Bitmapsoft replied to my email and were very helpful, even offering to send another cassette out if I didn't find it.
zapiy
Drutt

Post by zapiy »

Hey mate, glad you found them, sorry for missing the contacts.