Ghostly Capers

People are still making stuff for the Sinclair related machines. Tell us about new games and other software that runs on the Spectrum, ZX80/ZX81, Pentagon and Next.
pavero
Dynamite Dan

Ghostly Capers

Post by pavero »

https://teknamic.com/product/ghostly-capers/

PROCESSED
DH 20/10/23. At the time of digital release.
Andre Leao
Bugaboo

Re: Ghostly Capers

Post by Andre Leao »

HEXdidnt
Manic Miner

Post by HEXdidnt »

Andre Leao wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 9:13 am The review... :)
https://planetasinclair.blogspot.com/20 ... apers.html
Thank you for mentioning RetCon in the review - it's much appreciated! I've just posted a comment asking if you'd be willing to add a link to the event's Facebook page... A bit cheeky, I know, but the game is effectively an event exclusive in the UK.

I had a chance to see the ULAPlus version for the first time at our Club meeting yesterday, as some of the other members have Speccy Nexts.
...Dropping litter in the zen garden of your mind

The Hub of all things HEXdidn't... | HEXdidn't... on YouTube ...on ZXArt ...on deviantart
Pegaz
Dynamite Dan

Post by Pegaz »

Very nice.
Is there a digital purchase ?
Andre Leao
Bugaboo

Post by Andre Leao »

soon :)
Andre Leao
Bugaboo

Post by Andre Leao »

HEXdidnt wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 12:08 pm Thank you for mentioning RetCon in the review - it's much appreciated! I've just posted a comment asking if you'd be willing to add a link to the event's Facebook page... A bit cheeky, I know, but the game is effectively an event exclusive in the UK.

I had a chance to see the ULAPlus version for the first time at our Club meeting yesterday, as some of the other members have Speccy Nexts.
No problem, done ;)
XoRRoX
Manic Miner

Post by XoRRoX »

HEXdidnt wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 12:08 pm Thank you for mentioning RetCon in the review - it's much appreciated! I've just posted a comment asking if you'd be willing to add a link to the event's Facebook page... A bit cheeky, I know, but the game is effectively an event exclusive in the UK.

Nice that you played the ULAplus version. Lee did a great job with it too.
If you have by any chance a ZX-HD, ZX Uno or Sizif board, you can also play the ULAplus version.
PeterJ
Site Admin

Post by PeterJ »

The game is now available for free download:

https://chopz.itch.io/retcon-ghostly-capers
Lee Bee
Dynamite Dan

Post by Lee Bee »

Awesome! I adore spooky games :-)
R-Tape
Site Admin

Post by R-Tape »

I missed this one first time round (added to the DB queue now). Most people have moved on to developing with MPAGD, but Mr Chops is still getting great results with good old AGD. This one is a bit less barmy than the Mr Hair games. Still bloody hard though.

For anyone with a 128K, or an emulator, and has thumbs, here's a QAOP-Space hack:

POKE 35343, 32
HEXdidnt
Manic Miner

Post by HEXdidnt »

Recently saw the review of this in Crash... it's... Interesting.

The RetCon crew were thrilled to have a game like this tailored to our event, so the way the review opens by using "RetCons" as a generic term for retro gaming events is frustrating. Part of the reason for getting the game was to raise awareness of RetCon... It's even got our event logo on the loading screen and title screen, and physical copies are still available via the event's Facebook page... the one source not listed in the review.

The Hub of all things HEXdidn't... | HEXdidn't... on YouTube ...on ZXArt ...on deviantart
PeterJ
Site Admin

Post by PeterJ »

If you like Lee's creations then please consider donating to his chosen charity which is the
Southend Cystic Fibrosis association:

https://www.justgiving.com/southendcyst ... ssociation

Thanks

Peter
PeterJ
Site Admin

Post by PeterJ »

Now available for Halloween is a ULAplus version, and a 100 lives version:

https://chopz.itch.io/retcon-ghostly-capers
dvduk
Drutt

Post by dvduk »

HEXdidnt wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 10:00 pm Recently saw the review of this in Crash... it's... Interesting.

The RetCon crew were thrilled to have a game like this tailored to our event, so the way the review opens by using "RetCons" as a generic term for retro gaming events is frustrating. Part of the reason for getting the game was to raise awareness of RetCon... It's even got our event logo on the loading screen and title screen, and physical copies are still available via the event's Facebook page... the one source not listed in the review.
Pretty bad form on their part :(
Can also be found at SamstersVideos - which does occasionally update when I have time...
HEXdidnt
Manic Miner

Post by HEXdidnt »

dvduk wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 11:18 pm Pretty bad form on their part :(
Especially when the publisher had a stall at RetCon in 2022...