Logging Out

Broken link? Feature request? Anything related to the Spectrum Computing website here.
PeterJ
Site Admin

Re: Logging Out

Post by PeterJ »

druellan wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:39 pm I'm in Brave and just confirmed it is a problem with the cookies. I recommend to check the cookies list, search for spectrumcomputing.co.uk and clear everything, might be more than one cookie. Next restart the browser.
This is what I advised above.
PeterJ
Site Admin

Post by PeterJ »

+3code wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 3:09 pm Yeah, tnks, I've erased all the spectrumcomputing (4) and .spectrumcomputing (8 or so) cookies in K-Meleon and now works all OK, I will see latter with Firefox. Thanks :)
Good, I'm glad it works. I wonder why it did not work when you tried it earlier?
+3code

Post by +3code »

PeterJ wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 3:17 pm
+3code wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 3:09 pm Yeah, tnks, I've erased all the spectrumcomputing (4) and .spectrumcomputing (8 or so) cookies in K-Meleon and now works all OK, I will see latter with Firefox. Thanks :)
Good, I'm glad it works. I wonder why it did not work when you tried it earlier?
No idea, I tried first with the "Delete cookies" link at the bottom of the page, without luck; now I've deleted the cookies manually (using the browser settings/options) and that works.
PeterJ
Site Admin

Post by PeterJ »

Rev_Stuart_Campbell wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 3:26 pm This is an absolute shitshow. Even deleting cookies I can't get in with Chrome, had to use another browser for this.
Not sure why you are having issues. Seems to work with others. Are you deleting cookies from here:

chrome://settings/clearBrowserData
+3code

Post by +3code »

PeterJ wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 3:41 pm
Rev_Stuart_Campbell wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 3:26 pm This is an absolute shitshow. Even deleting cookies I can't get in with Chrome, had to use another browser for this.
Not sure why you are having issues. Seems to work with others. Are you deleting cookies from here:

chrome://settings/clearBrowserData
Yes, I'm now testing Chrome (Android) and I can go in only opening a private win, deleting the cookies seems not work properly in this browser (no idea why).
PeterJ
Site Admin

Post by PeterJ »

Are you deleting the cookies for the browser setting, or via the button on the forum.

I'm using Chrome on Android, and since clearing cookies (via the Chrome browser settings) this morning I've been online all day.
+3code

Post by +3code »

PeterJ wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 4:22 pm Are you deleting the cookies for the browser setting, or via the button on the forum.

I'm using Chrome on Android, and since clearing cookies (via the Chrome browser settings) this morning I've been online all day.
Ups, my error, sorry, I was deleting only the most recent cookies, all works now.
pavero
Dynamite Dan

Post by pavero »

yep, it works perfectly after removing the cookies
stupidget
Dynamite Dan

Post by stupidget »

Is it really that much of a ball-ache to simply press login? Christ it takes less than 5 seconds.
Juan F. Ramirez
Bugaboo

Post by Juan F. Ramirez »

stupidget wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 4:50 pm
Is it really that much of a ball-ache to simply press login? Christ it takes less than 5 seconds.
I think the problem is more than that. Before clearing the cookies, the forum didn't recognize my password once, twice, ... when logging in, so I cleared SC cookies and it finally went ok.

Maybe more people had the same issue.
PeterJ
Site Admin

Post by PeterJ »

Juan F. Ramirez wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 5:36 pm
I think the problem is more than that. Before clearing the cookies, the forum didn't recognize my password once, twice, ... when logging in, so I cleared SC cookies and it finally went ok.

Maybe more people had the same issue.
[mention]Juan F. Ramirez[/mention] if you read back many people had the same issue as you. The Cookie changed because I changed it to SSL (Noted here).

viewtopic.php?p=55456#p55456

The old one being there stopped you being able to get in. Just clear your cookies as others have done and you will be sorted.
stupidget
Dynamite Dan

Post by stupidget »

Rev_Stuart_Campbell wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 7:03 pm
stupidget wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 4:50 pm Is it really that much of a ball-ache to simply press login? Christ it takes less than 5 seconds.
You're not listening. Logging in doesn't work. The password gets rejected.
Calm down dear (said in a Michael Winner voice) just clear your cookies. I had the same problem in Chrome, cleared cookies and now I can log back in.
Last edited by stupidget on Fri Jan 15, 2021 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PeterJ
Site Admin

Post by PeterJ »

Rev_Stuart_Campbell wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 7:03 pm
stupidget wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 4:50 pm Is it really that much of a ball-ache to simply press login? Christ it takes less than 5 seconds.
You're not listening. Logging in doesn't work. The password gets rejected.
Apologies for the frustration, but delete your cookies and the problem will go away.
hikoki
Manic Miner

Post by hikoki »

Try to clear cookies + cache on chrome.
Selecting "time range - all time" may help.
Luzie
Manic Miner

Post by Luzie »

PeterJ wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 1:53 pm
Luzie wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 1:39 pm Same problem here (with Firefox v84.0.2 64-Bit under Win10 x64):

Get error "The submitted form was invalid. Try submitting again." while trying to login with stored credentials.

Have to open a new "Private browsing Window" to be able to login to the forum.

Doesn´t help to press "Delete cookies " at the "Spectrum Computing Forum home" page.
Hi, deleting cookies seems to work for everyone else who has contacted me. Please also close the browser and re-open.
[mention]PeterJ[/mention] Yes, thank you. While doing completely as you suggested, all works now :D
JollyRoger
Microbot

Post by JollyRoger »

Luzie wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 7:45 pm
PeterJ wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 1:53 pm Hi, deleting cookies seems to work for everyone else who has contacted me. Please also close the browser and re-open.
@PeterJ Yes, thank you. While doing completely as you suggested, all works now :D
I too ran into this issue with Firefox on my Mac. Using Google Chrome to log in was fine so that pinpointed the problem to just Firefox. Deleting the cookies related to this forum in Firefox did the trick for me as well and I didn't even need to close and restart the browser. :)
PeterJ
Site Admin

Post by PeterJ »

What duration have you deleted cookies for [mention]Rev_Stuart_Campbell[/mention]? The default option is
for just 1 hour.
PeterJ
Site Admin

Post by PeterJ »

[mention]Rev_Stuart_Campbell[/mention],

Please follow these instructions:

+3code

Post by +3code »

As was pointed out before, the problem with Chrome seems to be mainly the period of time (at least it was my case). By default it deletes the last 24 hours, you have to modify that to delete all (or manually delete the spectrumcomputing and .spectrumcomputing cookies).
lovebug
Drutt

Post by lovebug »

phew I was worried but after clearing my browser history I could finally login
lovebug.ml
randomly changing stuff in your code until it works is "hacky" and "bad coding practice" but if you can do it fast enough its "machine learning"
+3code

Post by +3code »

Just putting this thread back at the top to make this help more visible. I think some user would need it. Yesterday was J. Railton asking in a FB group about this.
PeterJ
Site Admin

Post by PeterJ »

Thank for letting me know [mention]+3code[/mention]. I've just sent an email to all users (or at least as many as I could. There is a limit to how many I can send in one day via the email service).
SteveSmith
Manic Miner

Post by SteveSmith »

+3code wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 9:20 am Just putting this thread back at the top to make this help more visible. I think some user would need it. Yesterday was J. Railton asking in a FB group about this.
Maybe this thread (or the other one "please read if you are unable to log in") should be pinned to the top? (If that's possible).
PeterJ
Site Admin

Post by PeterJ »

Thanks [mention]SteveSmith[/mention],

Making the post 'Sticky' keeps it at the top of the posts for the sub-forum, but not for the recent posts area on the top right. I've emailed as many users as I can, and posted on Twitter. I will post on this thread every now and then to bring it back to the top.
uglifruit
Manic Miner

Post by uglifruit »

Can I just add that on Chrome browser, for mobile phone it's found under :

Chrome > Settings > Advanced > Site Settings > Data stored

At least it is on my Android mobile phone.

Hope that helps somebody.
CLEAR 23855