Winter Wonder Worm

Stuff for sale or wanted, hopefully MEGA+@rare!!!, or commercial projects
bob_fossil
Manic Miner

Winter Wonder Worm

Post by bob_fossil »

Ladies may not be for turning but this worm certainly is! You'll need to steer a hungry Wonder Worm round 6 different levels eating up the yummy food that appears as you slither around. The more food you eat the longer you become. Be careful not to crash into yourself or the walls otherwise you'll end up as worm food yourself!

Yes, it's a snake game but there's a twist - if you'll pardon the pun.

Here's a short video of me playing the game.

You can purchase the full game on tape from TheFutureWas8Bit website, here.

You can download a playable demo from my website:

http://www.thefossilrecord.co.uk/wp-con ... w_demo.zip

I will be releasing a free digital download at some point in the future. However, this will not have the full set of levels or game play modes available in the tape release.
Andre Leao
Bugaboo

Re: Winter Wonder Worm

Post by Andre Leao »

page not found?
bob_fossil
Manic Miner

Post by bob_fossil »

Andre Leao wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 1:12 pm page not found?
Which link?
pavero
Dynamite Dan

Post by pavero »

The second one with the demo.
bob_fossil
Manic Miner

Post by bob_fossil »

Works for me in Firefox. It does say it's an unsecure download - which I have to allow - as my website is http not https.
R-Tape
Site Admin

Post by R-Tape »

It's brilliant Bob. Very addictive and hard as hell.

This looks trippy as hell - you could have marketed it as LSD-Snake!

£8.95 shipping is a lot, but sign of the times I suppose. I'll get a copy of Crazy Blaster too. Congrats on getting published.

Edited - thought it was inspired by Snake Pit
bob_fossil
Manic Miner

Post by bob_fossil »

R-Tape wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 3:55 pm It's brilliant Bob. Very addictive and hard as hell.

This looks trippy as hell - you could have marketed it as LSD-Snake!

£8.95 shipping is a lot, but sign of the times I suppose. I'll get a copy of Crazy Blaster too. Congrats on getting published.

Edited - thought it was inspired by Snake Pit
Thanks for the kind words - only took me 30 years longer than I thought it might to become a published Spectrum author but there you go. I was trying to go for snake patterns using the attributes rather than a drug trip. Maybe I'm unleashing my inner Jeff Minter? :)

Rod / TFW8B uses DHL for shipping and I think that's their standard next day delivery rate. What with everything else going on at the moment, I can fully understand people giving the tape a miss and waiting for the free release. I wanted people who had gone to the trouble of purchasing the tape to have some extra goodies that you won't get on the digital download.
pavero
Dynamite Dan

Post by pavero »

bob_fossil wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 5:33 pm Rod / TFW8B uses DHL for shipping and I think that's their standard next day delivery rate. What with everything else going on at the moment, I can fully understand people giving the tape a miss and waiting for the free release. I wanted people who had gone to the trouble of purchasing the tape to have some extra goodies that you won't get on the digital download.
It would be fine to offer more options, not only expensive DHL.

But nevermind, I have already bought one copy. Two only lefts now!
bob_fossil
Manic Miner

Post by bob_fossil »

pavero wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 7:51 pm It would be fine to offer more options, not only expensive DHL.

But nevermind, I have already bought one copy. Two only lefts now!
Thank you!
cmal
Manic Miner

Post by cmal »

This is a fantastic spin on the classic snake game. Great job, Bob!
So I headed over to buy a copy... then got sticker shock :o when I saw how much shipping to the US costs. Had to top up my Paypal account to buy it, so give me a few days...
Ivanzx
Manic Miner

Post by Ivanzx »

Aren´t the Futurewas8bits based on Finland?
bob_fossil
Manic Miner

Post by bob_fossil »

Ivanzx wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 6:57 am Aren´t the Futurewas8bits based on Finland?
No, they're UK based.
bob_fossil
Manic Miner

Post by bob_fossil »

cmal wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 3:45 am This is a fantastic spin on the classic snake game. Great job, Bob!
So I headed over to buy a copy... then got sticker shock :o when I saw how much shipping to the US costs. Had to top up my Paypal account to buy it, so give me a few days...
Thank you!
R-Tape
Site Admin

Post by R-Tape »

I got my tape earlier this week. I discovered that almost every speccy I own has something wrong with it! Mostly keyboard membranes. My Spectrum+ saved the day.

On the first try I nearly finished it, but that was clearly a fluke because I keep failing around level 4 each time. I'm wondering if the last level actually uses the fire button that is defined. Nice game bob, though I'm hoping there'll be a WWW2 with all kinds of extra features.
bob_fossil
Manic Miner

Post by bob_fossil »

R-Tape wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 11:22 am I got my tape earlier this week. I discovered that almost every speccy I own has something wrong with it! Mostly keyboard membranes. My Spectrum+ saved the day.

On the first try I nearly finished it, but that was clearly a fluke because I keep failing around level 4 each time. I'm wondering if the last level actually uses the fire button that is defined. Nice game bob, though I'm hoping there'll be a WWW2 with all kinds of extra features.
Level 4 on your first go is a pretty good run. Sadly, the fire is just used for confirmation and selection of options. I couldn't think of a way to add a shooting mechanic in. Rod suggested the fire could do a turbo boost or something but again, I couldn't see a way to crowbar it in. Thanks for the kind words. I have some ideas for a sequel so we'll have to see what happens. :)
bob_fossil
Manic Miner

Post by bob_fossil »

As promised earlier and as a present for the Spectrum's 41st birthday, you can now get the digital download version of Winter Wonder Worm here.