RZX uploads - Bearsden Primary School games

Broken link? Feature request? Anything related to the Spectrum Computing website here.
equinox
Dynamite Dan

RZX uploads - Bearsden Primary School games

Post by equinox »

Regarding the new RZX upload page (I think pavero maintains this...?)
When a game is too new to appear in the archive, I have sometimes uploaded it under "1D Noughts and Crosses" (heh), and noted which game it should be, in the notes.
This seems to have been handled correctly in the past (e.g. Radioaction!, NightmAirBnB...).

However, the Bearsden Primary School game RZXes I uploaded in June are now marked as "processed", and the games do appear in the archive, but the RZX files do not. Will they appear later, or have they been lost?
The games are: Time Portal, The Lost Puzzle, Retro, Mission Lost, Meadow Run, Cheese vs Mice, Bod Run, Adventure Stars.
If lost, I can probably do them again, since these are all short easy games. So let me know, and also let me know if there is a better way to upload RZXes for games that are not yet in the archive.
R-Tape
Site Admin

Re: RZX uploads - Bearsden Primary School games

Post by R-Tape »

equinox wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 7:14 pm When a game is too new to appear in the archive, I have sometimes uploaded it under "1D Noughts and Crosses" (heh), and noted which game it should be, in the notes.
It's best to wait until the game is in the DB and visible at SC. If something's missing you can post or drop me a PM and I can create it.

I have to do this fairly often with little fixes or groupings. It can take a wee while, but it's better we keep track of our own rather than add it to Pav's and Einar's list of things to remember.

But I don't know what's happened with these RZX's or if you'll need to do them again (@pavero?)

Thanks for the RZXs of my games btw!
equinox
Dynamite Dan

Post by equinox »

R-Tape wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 8:01 pm It's best to wait until the game is in the DB and visible at SC. If something's missing you can post or drop me a PM and I can create it.
Thanks. The only small problem I can see with waiting is that several people might end up doing RZXes of the same game, and holding them back, which feels like wasted effort. At the moment it's possible to keep an eye on the uploads page and see who's done what already (after a new bunch of releases like the Yandex contest or a Woot zine).

But not a huge deal!
pavero
Dynamite Dan

Post by pavero »

No, they aren't lost. All those RZXs you can find here in the queue under their proper IDs/names.

https://spectrumcomputing.co.uk/zxdb/ad ... ry_rzx.php

And yes, it's always better to wait some days when ZXDB IDs are already defined (at least via online forms).
pavero
Dynamite Dan

Post by pavero »

equinox wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 10:14 pm Thanks. The only small problem I can see with waiting is that several people might end up doing RZXes of the same game, and holding them back, which feels like wasted effort. At the moment it's possible to keep an eye on the uploads page and see who's done what already (after a new bunch of releases like the Yandex contest or a Woot zine).

But not a huge deal!
That probability is very small, because only you and me create RZXs in these days. :-)